Peterborough OPP have no respect for the Charter of Rights

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a bill of rights entrenched in the Constitution of Canada. The Charter guarantees certain political rights to Canadian citizens and civil rights of everyone in Canada from the policies and actions of all areas and levels of government. It is designed to unify Canadians around a set of principles that embody those rights.

Peterborough OPP have no respect for the Charter of Rights

Postby Gkuke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I was charged for impaired driving while I was on private property. The arresting officer, Kaury Jones, was from the Peterborough OPP.

He arrested me as many people from my community and family watched.

Kaury Jones also put me into a cell overnight.

Kaury Jones fabricated all evidence of impairment.

Kaury Jones used the authority of the Highway traffic act ( that does not apply to private property ) to impound my utility vehicle and give me a 90 day drivers license suspension.
He LAUGHED at me when he was filling out his notes and told me "You will not get your vehicle back until the end of court proceedings because I impounded it under section 217 (4) of the Highway Traffic Act"

Any other person would have been charged and convicted of theft for taking someones belongings off of private property.

As a result of the 90 day suspension I lost my job and I had to pay 1400 dollars to get my vehicle out of impound (the impound could have been around 20,000 dollars if I was unsuccessful at getting an early release).

I represented myself at trial because the cost of paying a lawyer was no different than the punishment of being found guilty in this "so called" justice system.

The judge found Kaury Jones' testimony to be CURIOUS and acquitted me of impaired driving and also ruled that my arrest was unlawful and that my charter rights section 7, 8 and 9 were violated SECTION 7 is the right to life liberty and security of the person. SECTION 8 is the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure SECTION 9 is the right not to be arbitrarily detained.

This is only one of the many acts that the Peterborough OPP have put me and my family through.

People have to fight these corrupt police and let people know about these unlawful acts.

Gkuke

Return to Charter Rights Violations