Female OPP officer busted in Barrie for alleged '15 minutes

These are violations by the Ontario Provincial Police officers dealing with the Criminal Code of Canada, Controlled Substance and Abuse Act, Customs and Excise Act, etc.

Female OPP officer busted in Barrie for alleged '15 minutes

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:32 pm

Female OPP officer busted in Barrie for alleged '15 minutes of terror'

An on-duty OPP officer allegedly broke into her ex-boyfriend’s Barrie home and left his new girlfriend terrified.

CTV News Barrie reports that OPP Const. Amanda Farrell will be in court on Friday to answer the charges.

Chantelle Stamcos told the network of the September 2022 incident: “It was 15 minutes of terror. It was very scary. She was in full uniform, hand on her weapon most of the time.”

According to Stamcos, Farrell was upset that her ex-boyfriend had put their relationship behind him and had moved on.

The cop allegedly used the door’s security keypad, entered the house and confronted her ex-beau and his new flame. Farrell reportedly began yelling at Stamcos.

She was allegedly on duty, wearing her uniform and carrying her weapons.

“We at one point had said, ‘If you don’t leave, we’re going to have to call the police,’ and she said, ‘I am the police,'” Stamcos told CTV.

In the wake of the incident, Farrell allegedly claimed that her ex-beau assaulted her during the time they dated. CTV said charges were filed but later dropped.

One month after the September 2022 incident, cops charged Farrell with break-and-enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, two counts of assault, criminal harassment, mischief, and forcible confinement.

The assault charges are not connected to the Stamcos incident.

The charges have not eased Stamcos’ fears.

“I was very worried because I kept asking the police, ‘Can you at least just tell me she had her weapon taken away? At least just tell me she’s not responding to calls in my area anymore,'” Stamcos told CTV.

“I just feel like people should know. I just feel like it’s not right that someone like that can carry a weapon and have that authority and be a police officer. I don’t think that’s who the police would want to have representing them, and I think people should know that that happened.”

The OPP said in a statement to CTV: “We cannot comment on the matter as it deals with intimate partner violence. As the matter is now before the courts, it would be inappropriate to comment.”

However, the provincial police said that while Farrell is not suspended, she is currently off on unrelated leave.

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ ... l-beatdown
Thomas, Administrator

Thomas
Site Admin

Ontario officer faces criminal charges for alleged break-in,

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:34 pm

Ontario officer faces criminal charges for alleged break-in, assault while on duty

An Ontario Provincial Police officer faces criminal charges following allegations she broke into her former boyfriend's home while on duty.

"It was 15 minutes of terror. It was very scary. She was in full uniform, hand on her weapon most of the time," claims Chantelle Stamcos.

Stamcos said she has lived in fear since the alleged incident happened over a year ago in September.

Stamcos said OPP Const. Amanda Farrell was upset her ex-boyfriend had moved on and entered their home using the door's keypad and confronted the couple, yelling at Stamcos while on duty and in uniform, equipped with her weapons.

"We at one point had said, 'If you don't leave, we're going to have to call the police,' and she said, 'I am the police,'" Stamcos said.

Weeks after the alleged incident, the officer claimed her former boyfriend had assaulted her months earlier while they dated. Charges were filed but later dropped.

Following a police investigation months later, Farrell was charged with break-and-enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, assault, criminal harassment, mischief, and forcible confinement.

Since the charges were laid, Stamcos said she feels she’s been left in the dark.

"I was very worried because I kept asking the police, 'Can you at least just tell me she had her weapon taken away? At least just tell me she's not responding to calls in my area anymore," Stamcos said, adding the alleged event has shaken her family and left her traumatized.

She said she wants to see justice served - even to those held to a higher standard.

CTV News reached out to the OPP for comment and was provided with this statement, "We cannot comment on the matter as it deals with intimate partner violence. As the matter is now before the courts, it would be inappropriate to comment."

The OPP did confirm that the officer is not suspended but off on an unrelated leave.

"I just feel like people should know. I just feel like it's not right that someone like that can carry a weapon and have that authority and be a police officer. I don't think that's who the police would want to have representing them, and I think people should know that that happened," Stamcos concluded.

The accused is scheduled to make her next virtual court appearance on Friday.

The allegations against Farrell have not been tested in court.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/ontario-offic ... -1.6605433
Thomas, Administrator

Thomas
Site Admin

‘It was 15 minutes of terror’: Uniformed cop accused of brea

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:35 pm

‘It was 15 minutes of terror’: Uniformed cop accused of breaking into ex’s home and harassing new girlfriend

A woman is speaking out after her boyfriend’s ex — a cop — allegedly broke into their home while armed and in uniform and confronted the couple.

Chantelle Stamcos told Canadian television station CTV that Ontario Provincial Police Const. Amanda Farrell illegally entered the home Stamcos shares with her boyfriend, who is also Farrell’s ex.

Stamcos said that she entered the home using a keypad on the door and confronted the couple, yelling at Stamcos in an intimidating way.

“It was 15 minutes of terror,” Stamcos told the station. “It was very scary. She was in full uniform, hand on her weapon most of the time.”

Stamcos said she and her boyfriend told Farrell to leave and said that if she didn’t they would call the police.

“I am the police,” Farrell reportedly replied.

According to Stamcos, the home invasion happened more than a year ago, and that Farrell was upset that Stamcos’ boyfriend had moved on from his relationship with her. Stamcos said she has been living in fear ever since.

Farrell, meanwhile, has been charged with break-and-enter with intent to commit an indictable offense, two counts of assault, criminal harassment, mischief, and forcible confinement, CTV reported.

The accused woman said that her former boyfriend assaulted her months earlier when they were together, according to CTV. Charges were initially filed and later dropped.

In a statement emailed to Law&Crime, the Ontario Provincial Police declined to comment.

“We cannot comment on this matter as it deals with intimate partner violence,” the statement said. “As this matter is now before the courts, it would also not be appropriate to comment.”

The spokesperson did confirm that Farrell is still on the force.

“The individual you asked about is still a member of the OPP, presently on an unrelated leave of absence,” the email said.

Stamcos, meanwhile, says she will continue to talk about her experience.

“I just feel like people should know,” she told CTV. “I just feel like it’s not right that someone like that can carry a weapon and have that authority and be a police officer. I don’t think that’s who the police would want to have representing them, and I think people should know that that happened.”

Farrell is scheduled for a virtual court appearance on Friday, CTV reported.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/it-was-15 ... irlfriend/
Thomas, Administrator

Thomas
Site Admin

Ontario Cop Charged for Assaulting Ex’s Partner in Jealous R

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Ontario Cop Charged for Assaulting Ex’s Partner in Jealous Rage

In an unexpected turn of events, an officer from the Ontario Provincial Police has been criminally charged following accusations of breaking into her former lover’s home and assaulting his current partner while in service.

Chantelle Stamcos was the alleged victim of the terrifying ordeal that she stated lasted for a chilling 15 minutes. She recounted, in fearful detail, how the officer entered their home in full uniform, her hand frequently resting ominously on her weapon. This incident, which reportedly occurred more than a year ago, has cast a long shadow over Stamcos’ life.

According to Stamcos, Constable Amanda Farrell of the Ontario Provincial Police committed a dramatic and unannounced entry into their dwelling using the keypad on the door. In uniform and armed, she confronted the couple. The officer, allegedly unable to accept that her ex-boyfriend had moved on, yelled at Stamcos threateningly.

During the incident, Stamcos recalled telling Farrell, “If you don’t leave, we’re going to have to call the police,” to which she retorted, “I am the police.”

The plot took another intriguing twist weeks after the reported break-in when Farrell claimed her ex-boyfriend had assaulted her while they were dating. A charge was filed but was later dismissed.

Months later, after an official investigation, Farrell found herself on the receiving end of several serious charges. These included break-and-enter with intention of committing an indictable offence, two counts of assault, criminal harassment, mischief, and forcible confinement.

From the moment the charges were announced, Stamcos has claimed feeling abandoned and uninformed. She expressed persistent fear over whether the officer had been disarmed or whether Farrell would still be reporting to service calls within her vicinity. The incident allegedly has left scars not only on Stamcos but also her family.

Stamcos insists on justice, asserting that even those in positions of power should not evade their consequences. She argues that it’s vital for the public to know about the incident – emphasizing that misuse of power, especially when linked to those in uniform, is not acceptable.

Whilst the Ontario Provincial Police declined to comment citing the intimate nature of the charges, they did confirm that Farrell is currently off on leave for unrelated reasons. Despite the accusations, they have not been confirmed by a court of law.

Farrell is expected to attend her subsequent virtual court hearing this Friday.

https://www.westislandblog.com/ontario- ... lous-rage/
Thomas, Administrator

Thomas
Site Admin

Return to Federal Statutes Violations