OPP officers cheat on each other and lie to each other

Police corruption is a form of police misconduct designed to obtain financial benefits, other personal gain, or career advancement for officers in exchange for not pursuing, or selectively pursuing, an investigation or arrest. One common form of police corruption is soliciting or accepting bribes in exchange for not reporting organized drug or prostitution rings or other illegal activities. Another example is police officers flouting the police code of conduct in order to secure convictions of suspects — for example, through the use of falsified evidence.

OPP officers cheat on each other and lie to each other

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 am

It is amazing what information one can come across online nowadays. The information below makes me yet again question the integrity of those who have been entrusted to uphold the law. I mean these people lay charges, testify in court and are presumed to be honest and truthful. Unfortunately, the following information testifies otherwise. If the so called “police officers” cheat on each other and lie to each other how can we expect them to be truthful in dealings with us? Read the following excerpts from a statement written by an ex-OPP officer from the Peterborough Detachment who worked there in 2009 and being an outsider was severely targeted and subsequently terminated by officers local to the area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cst. Jennifer Payne (my supposed to be “go-to” mentoring officer) was born and raised in Peterborough County. Cst. Payne has been an OPP officer for approximately 11 years. After becoming a police officer she was posted in the City of Kawartha Lakes Detachment and then transferred to the Peterborough Detachment. Cst. Payne is approximately 37 years old.

Cst. Jamie Brokley was born and raised in Peterborough County. Cst. Brokley has been an OPP officer for approximately 9 years. After becoming a police officer, he was posted at another detachment before transferring to Peterborough County and becoming the common law spouse of Cst. Payne. Cst Brokley is approximately 32 years old.

Cst. Payne and Cst. Brokley live together and they have two daughters together. Cst. Brokley worked as a Detective Constable (D/Cst) in the Peterborough Detachment Drug Unit. In April 2009 it became publicly known that between sometime in the fall 2008 and April 2009 Cst. Brokley was having an affair with Cst. Stephanie Mackaracher, who worked on the Platoon ‘D’ shift. Following the announcement of the affair, Cst. Payne, Cst. Brokley and Cst. Mackaracher booked approximately month and a half off work each to sort things out, after which Cst. Payne returned to work on the Platoon ‘A’ shift, Cst. Brokley was transferred from the Drug Unit to work as a uniform officer on the Platoon ‘C’ shift, and Cst. Mackaracher worked for a couple months on the Platoon ‘D’ shift until her transfer to the Barrie Detachment in July 2009.

In the early part of June 2009, upon returning to the Platoon “A” shift, Cst. Payne made a very explicit and loud comment in the Constables office that she was going to rip Cst. Mackaracher’s head off. (Recall: Cst. Payne’s common-law spouse, Cst. Brokley, had an affair with Cst. Mackaracher for approximately half a year). Cst. Payne further asked Cst. D’Amico to give Cst. Mackaracher a nasty look that Cst. D’Amico was so good at, to which Cst. D’Amico replied she certainly would. Then they talked about setting Cst. Mackaracher up with something. I paid little attention to those conversations as they appalled me. From what I know, Cst. Payne subsequently had a very aggressive face-to-face one-sided conversation with Cst. Mackaracher, but that is all I know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no doubt that this is by far not a single instance of such nature in the OPP, but that is what has been exposed as a result of their evil actions towards minority police officers. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. In any case, if you want to learn more about this particular case, visit the http://www.racisminopp.org website. There you can download in pdf format the entire statement from where these excerpts have been taken. It is an amazing read, albeit a very sad one. What a corrupt and ruthless organization this OPP is.
Thomas, Administrator

Thomas
Site Admin

Return to Corruption