Long history of police abuse - no one to report to.

Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. Widespread police brutality exists in many countries, even those that prosecute it. It is one of several forms of police misconduct, which include: false arrest, intimidation, racial profiling, political repression, surveillance abuse, sexual abuse and police corruption.

Long history of police abuse - no one to report to.

Postby victoria8816 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:53 pm

I am in a situation that is a never ending and I don't know what to do. I am on these boards to ask for your help about what I should do and who I should contact.
I have complained to the OIPRD before and the result of this has been severe abuse by more police. I was told by them not to contact them anymore and to just accept it because the police work in an abusive environment. I mean , if someone knows about crimes that are being committed by the police, they would normally go to the police review board. What if I can't? What am i supposed to do and who am I supposed to contact?

What I am asking is who do you report serious police crimes to? The attorney general (is a department) RCMP (is the police). Who polices the police?

Is there an organization outside of Canada that would investigate the police on a federal level?

victoria8816

Re: Long history of police abuse - no one to report to.

Postby LineMonkey5758 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 am

What is your complaint about?

LineMonkey5758

Re: Long history of police abuse - no one to report to.

Postby victoria8816 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Okay, what if I know that some cops are getting bribed to deliver threatening messages and also shooting people with a taser during these encounters. They also follow people when they are driving and hit them. Eventually pulling them over and issuing tickets, fines, etc. I guess targeting someone and harassing them. Are they allowed to do this?

victoria8816

Return to Abuse of Police Powers