Contractor gets arrested over money dispute by off-duty OPP

Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. Widespread police brutality exists in many countries, even those that prosecute it. It is one of several forms of police misconduct, which include: false arrest, intimidation, racial profiling, political repression, surveillance abuse, sexual abuse and police corruption.

Contractor gets arrested over money dispute by off-duty OPP

Postby Contractor1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Contractor gets arrested over money dispute by an off-duty OPP officer

I own a renovation company. I was under contract to complete a project. There was a lot of delays obtaining material, beyond my control. We had an agreement and I was to be paid $400 at the end of day. Come the end of day he said he won't paying me. I was gonna fix the issue I thought was stopping him from paying me. He then proceeded to assault me, by throwing me to the ground from a four foot height. Placed my hands behind my back. He said do you have a lawyer. And that I was under arrest. He walked me to my truck. He then said he was releasing me from his custody. I asked about my large 60,000$ tool on site. He said he was seizing it as government property. I was told not to return or I would be trespassing.

I returned later with local police and got my property.

I filed a complaint only to discover the police investigate themselves. Seems foolish. I have been barely able to get back to work as my mobility in my neck is very bad since incident. I have come to find out there is no report to his superior officer mentioning the arrest. And he has tiptoed around the fact that he had ever arrested me. The only reason he did that was to avoid paying me the money he owed me. He still owes close to five thousand. With the arrest I haven't been able to collect. I later found out he says u was gonna destroy his property. That is an out right lie. Does anyone have any input on what I can do as a citizen in this matter. My big issue is the fact that he arrested me but there is no reports or anything stating he did so. To date no charges have been laid against me. I have several text messages from him saying how he was running out of money. Was all this a way not to pay me? I'd say that is a pretty big abuse of power!

Contractor1

Re: Contractor gets arrested over money dispute by off-duty

Postby Gkuke » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:08 am

Contractor'

What area of OPP?
Did you make a complaint to OIPRD?
Where there any witnesses or did you ask around about witnesses?
Do you have any evidence at all that you were at his residence at that time?
Did you tell anyone or go to the doctor?

Gkuke

Postby Contractor1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 pm

He lives in Niagara region, but works in halimand county.

Oirpd complaint has been ongoing for about 3 months. It just ends up being the opp investigating themselves.

He filed a better business bureau complaint admitting what he had done. The complaint was removed as I had evidence of an assault taking place. And his failure to make payments under the contract.

I filed a complaint with nrpd. And have told my doctor about the incident.

Contractor1

Postby Gkuke » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:15 pm

You should go to the courthouse and speak to the crown about having this officer criminally charged for assault and also speak to a lawyer about suing this cop for assault.
The OIPRD are a biased organization that has been set up to make the gullible public feel that justice is being served as is the SIU.

Exactly!! the cops investigating the cops.

Gkuke

Postby DetectiveSgtGaga » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am

If the facts are as posted, this is a bad apple and should be brought to justice.

It happens, there are over 7000 OPP officers and in such a large group bad apples show their blemishes once in a while.

Talk to a lawyer about pressing a private information. As well, write the new Commissioner and send a copy to the Toronto Star. They tend to follow up on police matters.

I apologize for the conduct of this officer. I wish there was a more stringient system in place for ferreting out these people from the most nobel of professions.

DetectiveSgtGaga

Return to Abuse of Police Powers