Why the Abuse of Power Issue is Paramount Today!

Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. Widespread police brutality exists in many countries, even those that prosecute it. It is one of several forms of police misconduct, which include: false arrest, intimidation, racial profiling, political repression, surveillance abuse, sexual abuse and police corruption.

Why the Abuse of Power Issue is Paramount Today!

Postby Houndogsteve » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

The reason why this is an incredibly important topic to bring out into the Light of day is that it only gets worse never better, it`s insidious, it feeds on itself....and breeds. This has the effect of not only compounding the problem but putting off any Officer that might stand up this kind of abuse of power. It may already be too late and too institutionalized to change, but the reason it is very important right now is that the two Officers that roughed me up were quite young, mid 30`s to early 40`s, and nothing to distinguish them visually from any other Police Officer. Given the retirement demographic and the seniority of these Officers and other`s who like to abuse their authority, they may well get promoted more quickly than they normally would, which of course that puts them in a position to condone, in fact worsen an already poor situation...........If you, like me, are between 55 and 65 (Which is most of us baby boomers as we`re called) you might want to be concerned about that........the time to speak up is Now!
Last edited by Houndogsteve on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoundogS

Houndogsteve

Re: Why Abuse of Power is Paramount Today!

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Very well said. I am glad to know that one more person found the courage to stand up against the ruthless system that prides itself on serving people of Ontario, but in practice very frequently does just the opposite. Welcome aboard! Together we stand, divided we fall!

Michael

Return to Abuse of Police Powers