Many of the Peterborough OPP are outrageous liars

Police brutality is the wanton use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. Widespread police brutality exists in many countries, even those that prosecute it. It is one of several forms of police misconduct, which include: false arrest, intimidation, racial profiling, political repression, surveillance abuse, sexual abuse and police corruption.

Many of the Peterborough OPP are outrageous liars

Postby Gkuke » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I was charged for impaired driving while I was on private property. The arresting officer was Kaury Jones from the Peterborough OPP. This officers also put me into a cell overnight. This officer used the authority of the Highway traffic act ( that does not apply to private property ) to impound my utility vehicle and gave me a 90 day driver's license suspension. He laughed at me when he was filling out his notes and told me "you will not get your vehicle back until the end of court proceedings because I impounded it under section 217 (4) of the highway traffic act". As a result of the 90 day suspension I lost my job and I had to pay 1,400 dollars to get my vehicle out of impound (the impound could have been around 20,000 dollars if I was unsuccessful at getting an early release)

I represented myself at trial because the cost of paying a lawyer was no different than the punishment of being found guilty in this so called justice system. The judge found the officers testimony to be curious and acquitted me of impaired driving and also ruled that my arrest was unlawful and that my charter rights section 7, 8 and 9 were violated. Section 7 is the right to life liberty and security of the person. Section 8 is the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure. Section 9 is the right not to be arbitrarily detained. I was a little put off when the judge complimented the officer for being polite and well spoken when that officer so obviously lied.

This is only one of the many acts that Peterborough OPP have put my family through. People should fight these corrupt police and let people know about these unlawful acts!
Last edited by Gkuke on Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gkuke

Return to Abuse of Police Powers